Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fullerton Arboretum

My wife and I took our granddaughter over to the Fullerton Arboretum on Sunday. The Arboretum is owned and operated by Cal State Fullerton. A really beautiful day here in S. CA, and although it was just a quick trip, I really enjoyed it. I hadn't been in a long time, and it really took me back. I graduated from Cal State Fullerton years ago and actually worked in the arboretum for a while while working on my biology degree. Back then the Arboretum was really small and located in the center of campus... totally different from today's Arboretum. It's free and if you are in the area, it is well worth a visit!
A favorite shot of mine... this lady was preparing to give a tour of the old Heritage House and was dressed in period attire, but had to take a quick peak at her iPhone before the tour!

Old turn-of-the-century home (Heritage House) that's been restored on Arboretum property.
Granddaughter is just a blur of activity!

Some nice winter color can be seen in some areas of the Arboretum.

This area used to be all orange groves back in the day (when Orange County really was Orange County!). I like that the Arboretum still has quite a few orange trees on the property. Hope you enjoyed this quick tour of the Fullerton Arboretum!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots- looks like a fun way to spend an afternoon! Your granddaughter is CUTE!!! Grandkids are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tour and I loved the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a fun tour of the place. The shot of the docent is awesome as she fiddles with her modern "gadget." lol Your granddaughter is adorable x 10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sixth picture from the top is absolutely splendid. It's not easy to take such complex garden shots but this one works brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a marvellous place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots. I just love that bright California sky!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see the color! And granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your granddaughter is a sweetie. Lovely series of captures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should see the Queen Anne cottage at the Los Angeles county arboretum in Arcadia, CA! It's white with red trim. A real "Queen Anne" style. You can look inside and I think it MIGHT be open one day a month for tours. It's right across the street from the Santa Anita racetrack. My parents' home was just up the street from one corner of the arboretum and we had peacocks in our yard for years and years and years. I still miss their "chatter", although some nights it was eerie.
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the tour. Thanks. Beautiful flowers and California sky. (And that cell-phone one is just fabulously perfect).

    What about the drought? Any relief in sight?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like this post! Interesting and beautiful pix series from the arboretum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful enchanted atmosphere, here from Italy love the sweetness of the landscapes, the photos are beautiful, this grandson delicious!
    Thanks, happy day
    ventisqueras,wordpress,com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful place and way to spend a beautiful day! I love this series! A special prize goes to your photo of the "time traveler" checking her iPhone. :-)
    As always, I enjoyed every photo - I especially love the pump, the lovely Victorian house, your granddaughter's blur of joyful energy, and of course the rest of the fauna :-) and flora in the garden. Many of these brought back some wonderful memories of my visit to the Luther Burbank Home and Gardens in Santa Rosa several years ago. My favorite photo aesthetically is the last one - what a perfect composition!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your Fullerton photos are beautiful! Especially like the old pump.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that first shot, it's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete