Thursday, May 22, 2014

Poseidon On The Beach, Del Mar, CA

I spent the last three days in the San Diego area in business meetings. I feel very fortunate, as I usually have to fly to the East Coast (my company is based there), so any meetings I can have in my own time zone are always welcome! Even better, we have a facility based in the La Jolla/Torrey Pines area, so we used meeting rooms at that facility. If you need to spend a few days in meetings, it's hard to beat La Jolla. For our team dinner we went to Poseidon On The Beach, which is a short drive north up a beautiful stretch of highway along the coast. No time for photography this week, other than a couple iPhone shots at the restaurant. I purposefully darkened for foreground to protect my coworker's privacy.
I ordered the swordfish which was pretty good (I've had better), but you absolutely cannot beat the views and the ambiance. Watching the sun set in the pacific from your table is so much fun, the food is almost an afterthought!
Hope your week is going well. Linking with Skywatch Friday. Click on the link to check out great skies from around the world. And thanks to our hosts - Yogi, Sylvia, and Sandy!

15 comments:

  1. yes i agree, few things are better than sunsets in the pacific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours for a selfie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The setting sun has been lovely all through the week in So Cal but I must say your view was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the light and colours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Beautiful, love the colours in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dinenr shot. It is quite unusual and well executed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures of our dreamy sunsets. So glad you missed the fires!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely, what a great spot to dine. Fabulous sunset :D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be wonderful to have that sunset blazing away while you eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! It's been awhile since I dined in a place with a beach and sunset for a view. I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what hell to have to go to La Jolla ;>)!!! i don't think you could beat the SD area for beauty and climate etc (and, unfortunately for us, for cost!). But I'd love to spend some more time there someday. Sigh. So many places....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fantastic setting! Just awesome. It reminds me of sitting on Labadi Beach in Accra, Ghana a few years ago and enjoying the ocean breeze while watching the sun go down. I'm glad you thought of protecting your co workers privacy. So many people could care less about such things these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sunset! Must be great to have meal with friends and watch such a natural spectacle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can certainly ignore a sub-par meal with views like that. Wow. Hubby and I love to eat outdoors and enjoy fresh air and a great view. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree with you. LaJolla is a great place and sunsets are the best. My meetings are usually in Dallas and Houston. Not much to look at in those places.

    ReplyDelete