Sunday, January 22, 2012

Succulent Droplets

My wife has a succulent garden in the front yard. The other morning as I was sitting in my office doing e-mail, I noticed light reflecting off water on the succulents. Setting aside my e-mail for a second (any excuse, right?), I grabbed my camera / macro lens and went outside to investigate!




Not sure why these droplets make these star reflections, but I like the look!


I did a close-crop on the drop in the 3rd photo and then flipped it 180 degrees (so the drop is facing up). I can see a fairly detailed reflection in the drop... one of our cars on the driveway, our light post, neighbor's house, etc.  Very cool!  To join the macro fun, please check out Macro Monday. Have a great week!

19 comments:

  1. Wow, very creative as usual! That last flipped image is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also say Wow ! very beautiful and creative !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - have just returned from the wild, woolly and less that wonderful world of wireless only internet - so now I'm catching up.

    Really like the detail in the water droplet – great reflections. I can also see why they call the rented lens a cannon!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sun burst on second and third images, it's a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, sharp and clear! Not easy macros to get, I know, I've tried. Perhaps if the sun comes out later today I will try again, you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply beautiful! thanks for sharing. my son said "how did he do THAT?!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant light and splendid details of the reflections in that drop.

    Happy MM

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative! Excellent shots!

    http://blogg.birgittasplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the star burst macros! All are nice... Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second and third shots with the bokeh and starbursts - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shot is so amazing. Technology is incredible. But it takes your observing eye to make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous. These are great shots and I just love the way you flipped the photo and can now see the details of the reflection in the water droplet. - Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love water droplets! I had never thought of turning the photo so the reflection would be right side up...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow -fabulous macros with a star of sunshine in them! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Breathtaking! There is so much beauty and mystery everywhere you look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "in one drop of water are found the secrets of all the endless oceans" - Kahil Gibram

    ReplyDelete