Saturday, August 20, 2011

Denver to Cheyenne

I had to attend a meeting in Cheyenne, Wyoming, last week.  I've never been before, and was told the easiest way to get there is to fly into Denver, rent a car, and drive about 2 hrs north to Cheyenne.  So that's what I did, but I intentionally got into Denver early (around noon) so I would have plenty of time to take photos along the way, and explore some of the back roads, before meeting colleagues for dinner.  It was a fun drive, lots of farm country and dirt roads, and very different from my urban existence in S. CA.  Oh, and I took a ton of pictures!!  Here are a few of my favorites...
Wild sunflowers everywhere along the roadsides.
Huge field of sunflowers... unfortunately, oriented facing away from me,
and there was no what to get to the other end of the field!

There were grasshoppers EVERYWHERE! This guy hitched a ride on my
windshield for quite a while!
I spent a lot of time (and took a lot of pics) at this old abandoned
farmhouse... really interesting area.

This caught my eye because of the missing
pieces of diagonal glass.

Pierce, Colorado

Nunn, Colorado

A community graveyard outside of Nunn, Colorado.

Had to climb over a barbwire fence for this shot
and the one below!

Really interesting old cabin remnants on the high plains just outside of Wyoming... Wow, if these wall could talk!


Beautiful horses and sunset... they came right up to me for a pet as I was taking their pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment